Friday, February 15, 2013

Exploring Colors And #Preschool Color Sorting Activity

 Ways to Explore Colors: 


Pick a color for the day.  Have your child wear clothing that color, and point out that color whenever he or she may see it.

 Twister

Uno

Color

Paint (my favorite)

Play dough

Create a colored sensory bin or box

As you probably already know there are many ways to explore color.  These are just some of the things we have tested and tried.


Color Sorting Activity


PhotobucketThis easy little project made my son so happy.  It's just a box with four squares cut out and then I outlined them with colored paint. You could use markers too, I just had paint and not markers on hand.  Then I gave him a bowl of pom poms and he tossed them into the matching squares.


 photo CAM01292.jpgThis boy of mine surprised me with this. He played this for quite sometime and had no difficulty with color  matching. A great little activity that you can create and play in minutes.
  post signature